More Lidl discount grocery stores coming to the U.S.
The German-based discount grocery chain, Lidl, announced they will have up to 150 U.S. locations by the end of 2021. Lidl is set to invest over $500 million into 50 new stores in nine states by the end of 2021.
The new stores will be located in Virginia, Delaware, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, and New York. The new Lidl chain locations will also generate jobs for nearly 2,000 employees.
Lidl will also be closing two under-performing locations in Shelby and Havelock, North Carolina. Lidl originally planned to open 100 stores in the US by 2018 but scaled back in order to reach its goal by 2020.
Lidl opened stores in the U.S. with low discount prices to compete with other discount grocery chains including Trader Joe. A recent study indicates that Lidl offers prices 45 percent lower than Trader Joes but offering lower prices has impacted Lidl’s early performance.
Here is a list of the upcoming locations to look out for:
– 37th St., Astoria
– Larkfield Rd., East Northport
– Dogwood Ave., Franklin Square
– Middle Country Rd., Lake Grove
– Merrick Rd., Massapequa
– Sunrise Hwy., Oakdale
– Harbor View Marketplace, Bayonne
– Hooper Ave., Brick
– Fire Rd., Egg Harbor Township
– South Ave., Garwood
– Delsea Drive, Glassboro
– Blackwood, Gloucester Township
– S. Black Horse Pike, Lawrenceville
– Kinderkamack Rd., Park Ridge
– Park Ave., Weehawken
– St. Georges Ave., Woodbridge
– E. Baltimore Ave., Clifton Heights
– Columbia Ave., Lancaster
– Roosevelt Blvd., Philadelphia
– York Rd., Warminster
– Pulaski Hwy., Bear
– Solomons Island Rd., Annapolis
– Ritchie Hwy., Brooklyn Park
– Little Patuxent Pkwy., Columbia
– Ritchie Hwy., Glen Burnie
– W. Patrick St., Frederick
– Montgomery Village Ave., Montgomery Village
– Livingston Rd., Oxon Hill
– New Hampshire Ave., Takoma Park
– Padonia Rd., Timonium
– Randolph Rd., Wheaton
– Little River Turnpike., Alexandria
– Olde Keene Mill Road., Burke
– Chantilly Crossing Ln., Chantilly
– Gallows Rd., Falls Church
– Liberia Ave., Manassas
– Leesburg Pike, Sterling
– Apex Peakway, Apex
– S Church St., Burlington
– S Tryon St., Charlotte
– West Mallard Creek Church Rd.
– Oleander Dr., Wilmington, NCDorchester Rd., North Charleston
– Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Duluth
– Mount Vernon Rd., Dunwoody
– Johnson Ferry Rd., East Cobb
– Whitlock Ave SW., Marietta
– Roswell Rd., Sandy Springs
– Bells Ferry Rd., Woodstock
JPMorgan Chase is taking action in response to the coronavirus The CEO of JPMorgan Chase, Jamie Dimon, warns shareholders...
These people mean business when it comes to caviar One of the finest food delicacies in the world is...
A small tree that holds value better than gold Did you know that bonsai trees could cost thousands of...
Hong Kong’s first financial deficit in 15 years The Hong Kong economy is collapsing as a result of the...
Making the perfect pitch with advice from a “Shark Tank” investor Making a good business pitch may seem daunting...
Boy Scouts of America faces 300 lawsuits The scouting organization, Boy Scouts of America, is filing for bankruptcy due...
Morning routines fit for billionaires Being a billionaire isn’t easy but having a solid morning routine can keep your...
How to get a bigger refund Filing taxes can be complicated, and many people turn to professionals to do...
The University of Pheonix will forgive millions in debt As part of a settlement with the Federal Trade Commission,...
The record-breaking Chartwell property sells for $150 million Selling this property took over two years, but it was worth...
Kylie drops a lot of cash for private security Being a celebrity seems glamorous, but it’s not all fun...
Getting a good deal for gift shopping and more The Friday after Thanksgiving, known across the country as “Black...