
The White House is making it clear: reports that President Donald Trump is weighing a commutation for music mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs are “completely false.”
After TMZ published a story Monday claiming that the President was “vacillating” over whether to reduce Combs’ 50-month prison sentence, the administration quickly responded, firmly denying the claim.
“ There is zero truth to the TMZ report, which we would’ve gladly explained had they reached out before running their fake news,” a White House official told Entertainment Weekly. “The President, not anonymous sources, is the final decider on pardons and commutations.”
TMZ has since updated its story to include the administration’s statement, but the outlet stood by its reporting, saying, “We stand by our story. Our story is accurate.”
Combs, the founder of Bad Boy Records, was sentenced on October 3 to just over four years in federal prison following his conviction on two counts of transportation to engage in prostitution. He was also fined $500,000 and will face five years of supervised release upon completion of his sentence.
Combs’ Legal Troubles
The music mogul’s legal troubles have made headlines for months, with more than 70 lawsuits filed against him since November 2023 alleging sexual assault, sex trafficking, and other serious crimes. Combs has consistently denied all allegations and pleaded not guilty in his high-profile New York trial.
Trump’s Past Comments
When asked earlier this year about possibly pardoning Combs, President Trump acknowledged his past acquaintance with the artist but hinted that such an act was unlikely. “I was friendly with him — got along with him great, seemed like a nice guy,” Trump said in an August interview with Newsmax. “But when I ran for office, he was very hostile. So I’d say it’s more difficult.”
Previous Clemency Decisions
Trump has previously granted clemency to several public figures, including rappers Kodak Black and Lil Wayne, and reality TV personalities Todd and Julie Chrisley, asserting that “celebrity status should not determine justice.”
White House Response
For now, however, the White House insists the current buzz around Combs’ case is nothing but rumor. “No discussions are underway about a commutation or pardon for Mr. Combs,” a senior administration official reiterated Tuesday. “The President’s focus remains on the priorities of the American people — not tabloid speculation.”
Trump Blames Democrats for Ongoing Government Shutdown
-
Fans of The Hunger Games have a major treat coming soon. Lionsgate announced a theatrical re-release of all five...
-
Netflix has launched its highly anticipated psychological horror series Human Vapor, and audiences around the world are already captivated....
-
Academy Award winner Anne Hathaway surprised and delighted fans on June 19 by announcing she is expecting her third...
-
The 79th Cannes Film Festival has officially opened, marking the start of one of the most prestigious events in...
-
The music industry spent the first week of May focused on one surprising name: North West. Following the release...
-
The long-awaited sequel to The Devil Wears Prada has finally arrived, and early reactions suggest it is doing exactly...
-
While Taylor Swift continues the European leg of her tour, the internet has been busy discussing something very different,...
-
Justin Bieber made one of the biggest emotional impressions at Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival with a headlining...
-
Hollywood had its latest obsession this week, and it all centered around Zendaya and Robert Pattinson at the premiere...
-
The 20th anniversary of Hannah Montana turned into something far more meaningful than a simple reunion. When Miley Cyrus...
-
Superhero movies are often seen as fun entertainment for families and younger audiences. However, not every film in the...
-
Credit: Shutterstock Hollywood just witnessed a dramatic plot twist worthy of the big screen. Netflix has officially withdrawn from...
