Floyd Mayweather Cancels Fight With Tenshin Nasukawa

Just days after Floyd Mayweather announced that his 51st professional boxing fight would be against Japanese kick boxer Tenshin Nasukawa, the American has now posted on social media claiming...

Just days after Floyd Mayweather announced that his 51st professional boxing fight would be against Japanese kick boxer Tenshin Nasukawa, the American has now posted on social media claiming he had never agreed to the fight.

Earlier this week Mayweather surprised everyone by announcing that he would come out of retirement once again to fight on December 31 in Japan.

On Wednesday he took to Instagram to insist he’d never actually agreed to the fight, despite a press conference to announce in, and claimed that it had all been a misunderstanding.

He said: “Now that I am back on U.S. soil after a long and disappointing trip to Tokyo, I now have the time to address you, my fans and the media in regards to the upcoming event on December 31st that was recently announced.

“First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa. In fact (with all due respect) I have never heard of him until this recent trip to Japan.

“Ultimately, I was asked to participate in a 9 minute exhibition of 3 rounds with an opponent selected by the ‘Rizen Fighting Federation’. What I was originally informed of by Brent Johnson of ‘One Entertainment’ was that this was to be an exhibition put on for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee.”

“For the sake of the several fans and attendees that flew in from all parts of the world to attend this past press conference, I was hesitant to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said and for that I am truly sorry.

“I am a retired boxer that earns an unprecedented amount of money, globally, for appearances, speaking engagements and occasional small exhibitions.”

Looks like we won’t be seeing Mayweather back in the ring anytime soon.

Follow @TwistityNews