Travel More Efficiently
Whether it’s for business or pleasure, how you prepare yourself for travel can really impact how much you enjoy it. Of course, the quality of the destination helps the overall trip, but often times the travel snafus happen during the commute from point a to point b. If you’re well prepared for your upcoming trip, not only will you feel less stressed in anticipation for it, you will also avoid some common travel snags. You don’t have to be a world traveler to utilize these tech-based travel tips, but if you travel frequently, you may find these to be quite the life-savers! After all, modern technology has some pretty helpful solutions for travelers.
Here are 7 techy tips for the frequent (or aspiring) traveler:
1. Take google maps offline: There is a feature called “saved maps” that allows you to access your maps without using data.
2. Check FourSquare for Wi-Fi passwords: Users tend to post passwords so you don’t have to hassle anyone to figure them out.
3. Non U.S. electrical outlets: Don’t fuss with these guys, most hotel TVs have USB ports you can plug your devices into.
4. Check Google for flight information: Google will give you all the information you need on your flight, so long as you have your flight number and airline.
5. Make yourself a desk: Iron boards serve as great desks if your hotel room doesn’t have a desk!
6. Email important information: Email yourself photos of your important documents, like passport, and make sure they’re encrypted of course.
7. Utilize airplane mode: Your phone will charge much faster when it’s on. You’ll save a lot of juice!
Children Involved In Latest Data Collection Findings In light of the Facebook and Cambridge Analytica scandal, it seems people...
A Flying Boat Singapore-based company Wigetworks has built a boat prototype that maximizes ground effect to create a fuel-efficient...
Is Technology Getting Too Invasive? Amazon Echo and Google Home can already “listen” to everything around them, and now...
How Smart Is Your Smartphone? The term ‘artificial intelligence’ or ‘A.I.’ has been in the news a lot lately....