Before they were pharmaceutical medications, all people had were herbs, leaves, spices and fruit. Here are five natural sources that contain antibiotic power.
1. Cinnamon: The components in cinnamon exhibit protective activity against several bacteria. The spice may even be a player in the fight against antibiotic resistant infections.
2. Honey: Certain kinds of honey have been found to inhibit disease-causing microbes, especially with skin wounds.
3. Cloves: Cloves may help reduce the presence of disease – causing pathogens like listeria, a common cause of food poisoning.
4. Kefir: This fermented milk drink has been shown in studies to protect against several illness – causing bacteria.
5. Garlic: The active ingredients in garlic help kill harmful bacteria like campylobacter, which can cause intestinal infections.