Before they were pharmaceutical medications, all people had were herbs, leaves, spices and fruit. Here are five natural sources that contain antibiotic power.
1. Cinnamon: The components in cinnamon exhibit protective activity against several bacteria. The spice may even be a player in the fight against antibiotic resistant infections.
2. Honey: Certain kinds of honey have been found to inhibit disease-causing microbes, especially with skin wounds.
3. Cloves: Cloves may help reduce the presence of disease – causing pathogens like listeria, a common cause of food poisoning.
4. Kefir: This fermented milk drink has been shown in studies to protect against several illness – causing bacteria.
5. Garlic: The active ingredients in garlic help kill harmful bacteria like campylobacter, which can cause intestinal infections.
Winter Weather Escape With the winter months coming to an end, it may be time to book that last...
New Findings About Our Ancestors Scientists have uncovered more than they bargained for with recent DNA testing on “Cheddarman,”...
Get Your Popcorn Ready Ever wonder why the old saying goes, “once in a blue moon?” Well, there’s a...
Another Feat For The Life-Like Robot Sophia One small step for robots, one giant leap for…robot-kind? That’s the saying,...