Often a weight-loss wildcard, your metabolism can greatly affect how your body puts on or sheds wait. Through these simple steps, you may be able to boost yours.
1. Omega – 3 Rich Fish. Try salmon for health benefits ranging from heart health to weight loss.
2. Cold Water – An extra 4–7 calories are burned for every cup of cold water you drink.
3. Spicy Foods – Capsaicin, the heat boosting compound in chili peppers, can raise your metabolism. Try a dash of cayenne for a delicious kick to your taste buds and calorie count!
4. Coffee – Limit caffeine intake to 400 mg or less to avoid side effects and watch out for diet-busting added sugars and heavy creamers.
5. High Protein Diets Whether from animals or plants, protein keeps you feeling full and boosts metabolism better than carbs. Aim for 30% of your calories to come from protein to keep your metabolism revved up and ready to go.
How One Teen Is Reinventing Water Purification Yash Balaji is a young man on a mission to provide safe...
New Findings About Our Ancestors Scientists have uncovered more than they bargained for with recent DNA testing on “Cheddarman,”...
Is That Morning Cup Of Joe Harmful? Coming to a California coffee shop near you, cancer warnings on coffee!...
Get Your Popcorn Ready Ever wonder why the old saying goes, “once in a blue moon?” Well, there’s a...