Sweet Comfort Food Treat
Having a tough week? Relax with this simple comfort food recipe for Apple Streusel Pull-Apart Bread
Vegetable Oil (for coating dough)
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/3 cup Water (lukewarm)
1 cup All-Purpose Flour (additional amount for dusting)
Egg Wash (1 egg with 1 tbsp water, whisked)
1 tbsp. Cinnamon (ground)
1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
3/4 cup Bread Crumbs (unseasoned)
3 tbsp. Raisins (soaked in rum)
6 tbsp. Butter (melted)
1.5 pounds of Apples (3-4 cored, peeled, and sliced)
Whipped Cream (flavored with rum, vanilla, or almond extract)
Confectioner’s or Powdered Sugar
1. In a bowl, combine flour and salt.
2. Slowly incorporate the water, while mixing until a mass is formed.
3. Begin kneading the dough on a floured surface for about 10 minutes or until smooth.
(It should feel moist, but not sticky).
4. Dust the dough with a little more flour if needed.
5. Then beat or slam the dough a few times to help relax the gluten.
6. Form it into a ball, and set it aside in a bowl of vegetable oil to rest for at least one hour.
7. In a pan, toast bread crumbs in 3 tablespoons of melted butter, until golden brown.
8. Set aside to cool, and then combine with sugar and cinnamon.
9. In a bowl, add the sliced apples and cover with lemon juice to prevent browning.
10. Add raisins, without the rum, and mix everything well.
Crisp Apple Strudel:
11. Preheat oven to 375 F.
12. Drip off the excess oil, and roll the dough in some flour, then roll it out on a floured surface.
13. When the dough reaches about a foot wide, place it on a clean, floured tablecloth.
14. Pick up the dough with your the back of your hand and knuckles, and begin to gently stretch the dough from the middle outwards. The goal is to make it almost paper thin and rectangular in shape.
15. Once the dough is too large to handle, carefully place it back onto the floured tablecloth.
16. Go around the edges and continue stretching it, until it’s thin enough to read through the dough. Use scissors to trim off the thick edges.
17. Brush the entire surface with the remaining melted butter.
18. Spread the bread crumb mixture on one half, and then place the apple mixture on top.
19. Fold in all the edges. Starting at the end with the filling, use the tablecloth to gently roll the strudel all the way to the end.
20. Carefully place it on a baking sheet, and brush it with melted butter and the egg wash. 21. Bake on 375 F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
22. Allow it to cool before serving.
23. Slice and serve with a dusting of confectioners sugar and a dollop of whipped cream.
Check out the video above for a step-by-step guide for the recipe, including additional recipes for Mac’N’Cheese Enchiladas and Green Matcha Ice Cream Sandwiches.
The latest of “The Simpsons” long-running “Treehouse of Horror” Halloween specials will be airing on Sunday, October 21st. “Treehouse...
We Give A Sneak Peek Inside The Joker Origin Movie When the announcement came that there would be another...
We’re Sorry For This News We’re About To Break One of the most popular shows on Netflix, ‘Orange is...
Netflix Rehab? The first case of Netflix addiction has been diagnosed in Indian, and has since been moved into...