Sweet Comfort Food Treat
Having a tough week? Relax with this simple comfort food recipe for Apple Streusel Pull-Apart Bread
Vegetable Oil (for coating dough)
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/3 cup Water (lukewarm)
1 cup All-Purpose Flour (additional amount for dusting)
Egg Wash (1 egg with 1 tbsp water, whisked)
1 tbsp. Cinnamon (ground)
1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
3/4 cup Bread Crumbs (unseasoned)
3 tbsp. Raisins (soaked in rum)
6 tbsp. Butter (melted)
1.5 pounds of Apples (3-4 cored, peeled, and sliced)
Whipped Cream (flavored with rum, vanilla, or almond extract)
Confectioner’s or Powdered Sugar
1. In a bowl, combine flour and salt.
2. Slowly incorporate the water, while mixing until a mass is formed.
3. Begin kneading the dough on a floured surface for about 10 minutes or until smooth.
(It should feel moist, but not sticky).
4. Dust the dough with a little more flour if needed.
5. Then beat or slam the dough a few times to help relax the gluten.
6. Form it into a ball, and set it aside in a bowl of vegetable oil to rest for at least one hour.
7. In a pan, toast bread crumbs in 3 tablespoons of melted butter, until golden brown.
8. Set aside to cool, and then combine with sugar and cinnamon.
9. In a bowl, add the sliced apples and cover with lemon juice to prevent browning.
10. Add raisins, without the rum, and mix everything well.
Crisp Apple Strudel:
11. Preheat oven to 375 F.
12. Drip off the excess oil, and roll the dough in some flour, then roll it out on a floured surface.
13. When the dough reaches about a foot wide, place it on a clean, floured tablecloth.
14. Pick up the dough with your the back of your hand and knuckles, and begin to gently stretch the dough from the middle outwards. The goal is to make it almost paper thin and rectangular in shape.
15. Once the dough is too large to handle, carefully place it back onto the floured tablecloth.
16. Go around the edges and continue stretching it, until it’s thin enough to read through the dough. Use scissors to trim off the thick edges.
17. Brush the entire surface with the remaining melted butter.
18. Spread the bread crumb mixture on one half, and then place the apple mixture on top.
19. Fold in all the edges. Starting at the end with the filling, use the tablecloth to gently roll the strudel all the way to the end.
20. Carefully place it on a baking sheet, and brush it with melted butter and the egg wash. 21. Bake on 375 F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
22. Allow it to cool before serving.
23. Slice and serve with a dusting of confectioners sugar and a dollop of whipped cream.
Check out the video above for a step-by-step guide for the recipe, including additional recipes for Mac’N’Cheese Enchiladas and Green Matcha Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Remembering Frontman Pete Shelley Tributes have been paid to Buzzcocks frontman Pete Shelley, who has died aged 63. Shelley...
Hart Steps Down From Hosting Oscars US comedian and actor Kevin Hart says he has stepped down from hosting...
Legendary Cast Reunites Fans of “The Office” US get ready to hold on to your desks, the cast of...
International DJ Insults Award-Winner The co-host of the Ballon d’Or award ceremony has been forced to apologize after the...
Boy, if had a dollar for every awkward social moment I’ve experienced due to missing out on some big...
When we’re kids, I think we all think at least once “I want to sing” or “I want to...
“Aquaman” Hopes To Break Box Office Records For DC Super hero blockbuster “Aquaman,” which is released on December 14...
Celebrity News With Taylor Swift Taylor Swift landed the number one spot on The Most Influential Women on Twitter...