Sweet Comfort Food Treat
Having a tough week? Relax with this simple comfort food recipe for Apple Streusel Pull-Apart Bread
Vegetable Oil (for coating dough)
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/3 cup Water (lukewarm)
1 cup All-Purpose Flour (additional amount for dusting)
Egg Wash (1 egg with 1 tbsp water, whisked)
1 tbsp. Cinnamon (ground)
1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
3/4 cup Bread Crumbs (unseasoned)
3 tbsp. Raisins (soaked in rum)
6 tbsp. Butter (melted)
1.5 pounds of Apples (3-4 cored, peeled, and sliced)
Whipped Cream (flavored with rum, vanilla, or almond extract)
Confectioner’s or Powdered Sugar
1. In a bowl, combine flour and salt.
2. Slowly incorporate the water, while mixing until a mass is formed.
3. Begin kneading the dough on a floured surface for about 10 minutes or until smooth.
(It should feel moist, but not sticky).
4. Dust the dough with a little more flour if needed.
5. Then beat or slam the dough a few times to help relax the gluten.
6. Form it into a ball, and set it aside in a bowl of vegetable oil to rest for at least one hour.
7. In a pan, toast bread crumbs in 3 tablespoons of melted butter, until golden brown.
8. Set aside to cool, and then combine with sugar and cinnamon.
9. In a bowl, add the sliced apples and cover with lemon juice to prevent browning.
10. Add raisins, without the rum, and mix everything well.
Crisp Apple Strudel:
11. Preheat oven to 375 F.
12. Drip off the excess oil, and roll the dough in some flour, then roll it out on a floured surface.
13. When the dough reaches about a foot wide, place it on a clean, floured tablecloth.
14. Pick up the dough with your the back of your hand and knuckles, and begin to gently stretch the dough from the middle outwards. The goal is to make it almost paper thin and rectangular in shape.
15. Once the dough is too large to handle, carefully place it back onto the floured tablecloth.
16. Go around the edges and continue stretching it, until it’s thin enough to read through the dough. Use scissors to trim off the thick edges.
17. Brush the entire surface with the remaining melted butter.
18. Spread the bread crumb mixture on one half, and then place the apple mixture on top.
19. Fold in all the edges. Starting at the end with the filling, use the tablecloth to gently roll the strudel all the way to the end.
20. Carefully place it on a baking sheet, and brush it with melted butter and the egg wash. 21. Bake on 375 F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
22. Allow it to cool before serving.
23. Slice and serve with a dusting of confectioners sugar and a dollop of whipped cream.
Check out the video above for a step-by-step guide for the recipe, including additional recipes for Mac’N’Cheese Enchiladas and Green Matcha Ice Cream Sandwiches.
February 15, 2019
February 12, 2019
Eddie Murphy Is Coming Back To America With Sequel The highly anticipated sequel to the legendary “Coming To America”,...
‘Cold Persuit’ Plans On Making Millions Liam Neeson’s new flick “Cold Pursuit” is set to take in $10 million...
All The Ladies Bring Home All The Awards Dua Lipa won best new artist and Kacey Musgraves took home...
Live-Action ‘Aladdin’ Premiers New Trailer The trailer for the live-action remake of Aladdin has finally dropped. The film, which...
“The Simpsons” Renewed For Two New Season “The Simpsons” has been around forever, and it’s not going anywhere any...
Jeff Bezos Confronts National Inquirer The world’s richest man, Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos, has accused the owner of a...
Jay-Z Steps In To Help 21 Savage With Deportation Case Jay-Z says the arrest of rapper 21 Savage is...
P!nk has been around for more than two decades, banging out hits that have stayed on the charts for...
Oscars Will Have No Host This Year This year’s Oscars will be held without an official host – for...
Jennifer Lawrence Announces Engagement Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence is engaged to boyfriend Cooke Maroney. The 28-year-old “Hunger Games” star...
Controvery Surrounding Liam Neeson Causes Premiere Cancellation The red carpet at the New York premiere of Liam Neeson’s new...
The Trailer For The Hobbs And Shaw Movie Has Just Dropped A spin-off from the massively successful Fast and...